Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I owe the Home Depot check out lady an apology.

.
I recently got irritated when attempting to use the self check out at Home Depot. I scanned a few items and then scanned a can of orange spray paint that I used for a project at home. I could not see a valid reason to have an age requirement on spray paint. Well, welcome to the Pike National Forest, one of America's largest urban interfaces. Maybe the age limit needs to be set higher. Ok, lets go over this. It ain't pretty, it ain't artistic, it ain't funny or cute, IT IS WRONG AND STUPID. As I have said before, leave the paint at home. One more vote to limit public access to public lands.

2 comments:

Zen said...

Yeah but I'm thinking the people who spray paint like this probably don't read. But I hope I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the reason they ask for ID (and require you be 18) is not because of things like this, it is because kids spray the paint into a bag (let the paint settle) and breath the fumes. It's called 'Huffing' and it basically coats their lungs with paint and eventually they end up in the hospital unable to exchange O2 and CO2. Tons of kids have died from it, but hey, that might just be god keeping the gene pool a little cleaner, me, nor my friends in High School (or at any age) would have ever even thought of breathing spray paint (or any other drug).

I hate to be the guy that launches bad karma, but maybe if these kids eliminated themselves via huffing, they wouldn't be around to spray paint rocks and carve '420' into trees.