Thursday, June 21, 2007

Here's Your Sign. Can You Read It?

.





Wow...Do you think Jeff Foxworthy might have known this guy when he made the phrase "Here's your sign!" so popular in relating to what he calls "stupid people"? Here is a vehicle sporting a window decal to a local military base parked in front of a fence with no less than 5 signs indicating that the property owner does NOT want the public to access from this point. The ground was fairly soft here and the only obvious tracks from this vehicle lead over to where the fence wire is spread and the tracks continue on the other side. Folks, we appreciate what you do for us in places like Iraq and around the globe, but this kinda stuff does not make me wanna see you in my neighborhood. Public access IS permitted from the east end of this reservoir for fishing. How long before such neglect for the rules leads to no public access? At a minimum this person is not helping the cause to have CSU to open South Slope / Seven Lakes to public hiking, are they? When a fence with a lock and 5 signs don't get the message across, I'm not sure what would. Future comment: "Hey son, I remember back in 2007 when I would disregard the fishing access rules. Thats why there is no more public access for you". I wonder if I ignored signs and fences on the local military base that this guys works if I would be treated so easily.

No comments: